Friday, November 30, 2012

Happy First Birthday in Heaven...


Today is a rough day, another first of many… Today my dad would be celebrating his 44th birthday with us. Instead, almost a year since his unexpected death, we will be “celebrating” without him.
It’s amazing how fast the last year has gone, yet how unreal it still seems at times. Even though a year has passed, the sadness is still as unbearable at times as it was that very first day. These next few months will be very rough, as we will be experiencing first holidays without him, without his funny jokes, big smile, and just a “brighten up the room” personality, It won’t be the same…/:
I have a lot on my mind, but not a whole lot to say..
I'm so thankful for Jesus to pick me up and carry me through the hard times.
He's my refuge through my storm..every-time I think I can't make it, He's right there to show me he's here to lead and guide me down the right path..
So, as hard as it is to say, Happy Birthday Daddy... and happy first birthday in heaven! No birthday could be better than a birthday in heaven, and I can only imagine just how amazing it must be. I know you are enjoying spending time with King Jesus and your momma, and other saints that have already gone on to their reward... I miss you more than words can express, and can’t wait until we see each other again someday.

1 comment: